Transmission Maintenance in Kansas City, MO
At Mr. Transmission Milex Kansas City, we provide a variety of services to help maintain your transmission's optimal performance. From fluid and filter exchange to fluid and filter flush, we offer the best care and maintenance to keep your car running in road-ready condition. Our transmission maintenance services can give you a smooth ride, improved performance, reduced chances of component failure, and prolong the life of your vehicle. As cars age, their transmissions endure wear and tear. Over time, the fluid thins out and gets contaminated, leading to premature damage to the transmission. Additionally, extreme temperatures, towing, and stop-and-go traffic all take a toll on the transmission.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
If you notice any of these signs with your vehicle, call now to talk with our local team and set up an appointment today!
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.