Kansas City, MO Transmission Repair Services
Did you know? Your vehicle’s transmission is responsible for smoothly transferring power from the engine to the wheels. This is a very complex system made of hundreds of components, including transmission fluid, electrical components, universal joints, and a torque converter. Diagnosing issues with the transmission is equally complex and involves taking the system apart to discover the problem. If your vehicle’s transmission needs attention, it’s crucial to bring it to the right mechanics to provide reliable transmission repairs you can trust.
Milex - Mr. Transmission is Kansas City’s trusted name for transmission repair and maintenance services. When you bring your vehicle to our shop, you can rest assured that only our ASE-certified transmission service specialists will will handle all inspections and repairs. After our thorough inspection, repairs, and testing, you can feel confident that your vehicle is road ready.
What Is Transmission Service?
To put it simply, your vehicle’s transmission controls gear shifts and transfers power from the engine into the drive line. That means it enables your vehicle to reach different speeds effectively and efficiently. When you include transmission repair services in your regular maintenance schedule, you’ll not only keep it performing as it should, but you’ll also extend the lifespan of the transmission and prevent more costly future repairs.
We offer a wide range of transmission services including:
- Fluid replacement: Transmission fluid cools and lubricates the components, allowing for seamless gear changes. Over time, this fluid can become contaminated or degrade, affecting the transmission's efficiency. Regular fluid replacement helps maintain proper functionality.
- Filter replacement: The transmission filter prevents debris and contaminants from circulating in the fluid. Replacing this filter during service helps prevent damage to the transmission.
- Diagnostic checks: Technicians use specialized tools to diagnose electronic and mechanical issues within the transmission. Early detection of problems can prevent major repairs.
- Seal and gasket inspection: Damaged seals and gaskets can lead to fluid leaks, which can ultimately damage the transmission if not addressed promptly.
- Clutch inspection: For manual transmissions, clutch inspection and adjustment are essential for smooth gear engagement.
When to Repair a Transmission: Signs & Symptoms
Recognizing when your vehicle's transmission needs servicing can save you from bigger – and more expensive – issues and repairs down the road. Here are a few signs that your transmission needs attention:
- Warning lights: The Check Engine or Transmission Service light on your dashboard may illuminate if there's a problem. We provide performance checks to determine what issues your vehicle is experiencing so that you can make an informed decision on the repairs that you'd like performed.
- Fluid leaks: Transmission fluid leaks often manifest as reddish or brownish puddles under your vehicle. When your vehicle is leaking transmission fluid, a reseal job is most likely needed. Our technicians will perform a lift inspection to determine where the leak is occurring and then perform the reseal job.
- Unusual noises: Grinding, whining, or clunking noises while shifting or driving could indicate internal damage.
- Gear slippage: If your vehicle unexpectedly shifts gears or slips out of gear, it may be an indicator of transmission trouble.
- Delayed or rough shifting: Difficulty shifting gears or experiencing a noticeable delay between gear changes suggests potential transmission issues.
How Much Does Transmission Repair Cost?
A simple way to prevent costly transmission repairs is to stay on top of preventative maintenance, but we understand that even the most proactive motorists experience issues with their vehicles at the worst time. The cost of transmission repair can vary widely depending on a number of factors. These include the extent of the damage, whether your transmission is manual or automatic, and the make and model of your vehicle.
Our goal at Milex - Mr. Transmission of Kansas City is to provide you with transmission repair solutions that fit your budget. Sometimes, all a transmission needs is a small adjustment that can be made without removing the entire thing. While other companies may take advantage of this and still bill you for services you didn’t need, we believe in auto care solutions that are affordable and honest.
At Milex - Mr. Transmission, we’re Kansas City’s one-stop shop for everything from transmission repair and maintenance services to oil changes and brake replacement. Our friendly, knowledgeable team of local mechanics is dedicated to keeping your vehicle road ready. If you’re in need of a transmission service, contact us today for a free performance check!
Click Here to Schedule an Appointment Today
FAQs About Our Transmission Repair Services
Q: What cars do you service?
The cost of fixing a transmission varies according to the nature and severity of the problem, as well as the parts needed to address it. Approximately 60% of all transmission repairs are minor and do not require a full replacement. As transmissions have become more complex, extensive testing is necessary to identify the cause of any issues. Mr. Transmission Milex offers a free performance check to determine what, if anything, is wrong with your vehicle’s transmission, enabling our experts to prescribe the right transmission repair.
Q: Do you offer towing?
Towing is free* with a major transmission repair within the local area of Kansas City, Dublin, and Westerville.
Q: Do you have a warranty on transmission repairs?
Mr. Transmission has a standard six-month unlimited or 12-month/12,000-mile transmission warranty, as well as extended warranties. Your warranty is valid across the country at any of our nationwide service centers and affiliates of Mr. Transmission, Multistate Transmissions, or Dr. Nick’s Transmissions. This means you can get the help you need, even if you’re away from home.
Q: How long will the transmission repair take?
Every transmission repair is different, depending on the type of repair, facility scheduling, and the availability of parts. We will let you know a repair timeline just as soon as we know.
Q: Will you be putting all new parts in my transmission?
During transmission repair and rebuild jobs, Milex - Mr. Transmission uses both new and re-manufactured parts when required and rebuilds the transmission back to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
Q: Do you have financing for transmission repairs?
Most locations offer third-party financing with approved credit. Some locations also offer 90 days same as cash or 12-month, same as cash financing. As always, contact us for further details.
*Free towing up to a $100 value.